Did you know…
That today we are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Belgrade Theatre being a registered charity?
On 30 August in 1963, the Belgrade Theatre Trust (Coventry) Limited registered itself with the Charity Commission to become a charity, this means that all the money given, raised or earned is not distributed as profit but kept and reinvested in the work that we do.
We are committed to:
- Contributing to Coventry’s quality of life and economic health by offering a varied and vibrant programme of performing arts.
- Producing some of the country’s most exciting and critically acclaimed drama. In 2012/13 we staged seven Belgrade produced dramas.
- Staging the very best touring musicals, drama, comedy, music and children’s shows to appeal to many different audiences in the city and region. In 2012/13 we staged 398 performances of 91 different productions on our stages.
- Pricing tickets to provide the best value possible. In 2012/13 over 146,000 people visited the Belgrade.
- Developing the careers of young creative professionals. In 2012 the Theatre won the first National Creative Apprentice Employer Award
- Offering thousands of learning opportunities every year to young people. In 2012/13 we offered 9,964 opportunities to children and young people through outreach work and other projects, many of whom are at risk of social and/or educational exclusion
- Enabling access through provision of reduced tickets for families, children, young people and students, people in receipt of benefits, disabled patrons, multiple show purchases; free access to our core community and education activities; providing accessible performance and accessible facilities.
To do this we rely on the grants that we receive from the Arts Council England and Coventry City Council and the generosity of individuals, businesses and grant-making trusts & foundations alongside earning money through the Box Office, by building sets for other theatres and hiring out our facilities for events and conferences.
You can find out more about the Belgrade Theatre Trust (Coventry) Limited and how you can support the Belgrade Theatre by visiting the Support Us pages of our website.