Did you know...
Online bookers raised over £6,000 for the Belgrade Theatre
Since the launch of the new website, the Belgrade Theatre has raised over £6,000 through online donations. During the booking process patrons are asked to make a donation to the Belgrade in addition to their ticket purchase.
Nearly 30% of online bookers have added a donation, with most selecting to provide Gift Aid too. This has resulted in £6,013.51 being raised for the Belgrade’s work in the community.
The Belgrade Theatre has been a registered charity since 1963 and all proceeds raised from the online donations will go to support the theatre’s work in the local community, including its work with young people in Coventry which is carried out via the Belgrade Community & Education Company, and staging new, home-produced shows.
Last year our Community & Education Company provided 518 workshops and nearly 9,000 participation opportunities for young people in the city, many of whom are from disadvantaged or under-represented groups.
£6,000 will enable to the Belgrade Theatre to do one of the following:
• Provide a playwriting course for 20 young people from Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
• Offer 750 free tickets as part of its 19 – 25’s ticket scheme, enabling them to be able to engage with theatre
• Provide approximately 5 places for young people at risk of exclusion from school on the Acting Out programme
• Pay for professionals actors for the Theatre in Education that tours 40 primary schools in Coventry
• Cover the costs of the Acting Out programmes year 10 and year 11 productions – which are assessed as part of the BTEC course
We would like to thank everybody who has donated online and encourage you to continue to donate to the Belgrade Theatre and its work in the community.
Click here to find out more about the Belgrade’s charitable activities.