Green Office Week 2013: Day Five, Innovation
This week (13 – 17 May) is Green Office Week, which aims to help make offices around the world greener by focusing on a different environmental topic every day.
For the second year running we will be supporting the initiative and showing our ongoing commitment to our environmental policy by posting daily updates about the efforts we have made in the last year to make our offices, and the rest of the building, greener.
Friday’s topic is Innovation
Innovation is key to being green as it is an ongoing process that requires constant attention, thought and action. There are a number of things that we do to try and ensure that we stay ahead of the game and are being as green as possible. These include:
- Encouraging and enabling attendance at relevant environmental conferences, such as Sustainable Theatres.
- Constantly exploring new ways of being green, for instance we’re looking into the possibility of becoming ticketless.
- Investigating alternative energy solutions, including the city’s new Energy Scheme.
- Taking part in worldwide initiatives that help raise the profile of being green, such as Earth Hour.
- Learning from organisations such as Julie’s Bicycle which aims to make sustainability intrinsic to the business, art and ethics of the creative industries.
To find out more about our Striving to be Green Policy check out the environmental section of our website and an overview of the weeks topics, which have included Energy, Transport, Waste and Purchasing can be found in the News & Blogs section of our website.